PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY THIS DOCUMENT TO AVOID ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS AND POTENTIAL TERMINATION OF THE SERVICE!
AWARDSPACE.COM shall provide its Services to YOU (Customer, User) under the following Terms of Services (ToS). The ToS are intended to protect both the integrity and liability of AWARDSPACE.COM and the Customer. These ToS will be enforced to ensure the speed, power, performance, and reliability of our services.
YOU MUST understand and agree that the Service is provided on an "AS IS" basis and that AWARDSPACE.COM assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, failure of the service or inability to store any Customer communications, data or personalization settings.
- AWARDSPACE.COM HOSTING SERVICES:
- MONTHLY TRAFFIC - The free hosting plan features fixed traffic allotment.
- DOMAINS HOSTED - The free hosting plan offered by AWARDSPACE.COM has a limit on the number of domains that can be hosted. For more information about the different plans refer to our web site.
- DISK SPACE:
Each and every AWARDSPACE.COM Customer agrees not to allocate more than 10% of their hosting account space to:
- image and multimedia (.gif, .png, .mpg, .jpg, .3gp) files;
- archive (.tar, .gzip, .iso, .nrg, .cue, .ccd, .img, .sub, .cue) files;
- DB dump backup (.sql, .pgsql, .mssql, .mysql) files;
- .pdf, .psd, .ppt files;
- any identical file types;
- SERVER RESOURCES UTILIZATION - The Customer MUST understand that his/her account is located on a shared hosting server setup and he/she must not use excessive system resources that might deteriorate the server's performance and degrade the quality of service for other users. EXCESSIVE or MALICIOUS system resource USAGE will result in AN IMMEDIATE ACCOUNT TERMINATION.
- INODES - Every file (a web page, image file, email, etc) on the Customer's account uses up 1 inode. The Customer has an inode limit of 25 000.
- Since SMTP is ON you are allowed to send 31 mails and receive up to 3000 mails each month.
- The Customer can have no more than one e-mail account.
- The Customer can send an e-mail to up to 5 recipients at the same time and cannot attach files bigger than 2 MB.
- The E-mail account features a 3000 inode limit, one e-mail filter (SPAM/Autoresponder), one e-mail alias, and a total mail quota of 50 MB.
- The free plan has fixed disk space available at its disposal where 50 MB are the e-mail quota.
- Outgoing Connections are disabled on the free hosting servers for security reasons.
- ACCOUNT(S) - The Customer has the right of having only one free account. This limitation does not apply to paid accounts, i.e. The Customer can have as many paid accounts as he/she needs. Every new free account created by the same Customer will be deleted upon inspection and at our sole discretion unless the Customer contacts a representative of AWARDSPACE.COM.
- The Customer is responsible for building and updating his/her web pages, and regularly backing up all data.
- AWARDSPACE.COM free hosted sites MAY be used as an entry to a non-AWARDSPACE.COM hosted site ONLY if the user is not automatically redirecting to the non-AWARDSPACE.COM hosted site.
- FTP Usage
- FTP access is provided for the purposes of uploading content, maintaining content, and downloading content for backup purposes only. It is not to be used for the distribution and backup of files.
- FTP usage for web camera purposes is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
- Free hosting plan users are allowed only one FTP account.
- All free accounts have an upload file size limit of 15 MB!
- AWARDSPACE.COM reserves the right to revoke or restrict all FTP access and/or remove any web site that causes improper or excessive FTP usage.
- SCRIPTING Languages
- The usage of PHP/PERL/CGI/etc. and MySQL is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN for the following (but not limited to) actions: running BOTS, IRC servers, online chats, link exchange systems, web crawlers, and conducting attacks against third party systems. Such USAGE will result in AN IMMEDIATE ACCOUNT TERMINATION WITHOUT ANY REFUND even if the Customer has upgraded his/her account from a free to a paid one.
- AWARDSPACE.COM reserves the right to revoke or restrict the access to any SCRIPTING Language and/or remove any web site or even an account for improper or excessive SCRIPTING Languages utilization.
- The Customer is allowed one MySQL Database with 30 MB of total space. Maximum allowed MySQL queries are 12 000/hour and up to 30 concurrent connections.
- Hotlinking is restricted and forbidden on AWARDSPACE.COM.
- The following file types are not allowed on AWARDSPACE.COM free web hosting - .htacl, .htaclu, .avi, .mov, .mp2, .mp3, .mpeg, .ram, .asf, .quota, .vbs, .shs, .scr, .exe, .cmd, .torrent, .wmv, .wma, .rm, .zip, .rar, .gz, .tgz.
- The following PHP functions are disabled on AWARDSPACE.COM free web hosting due to system/security concerns: allow_url_fopen, fsockopen, pfsockpen, getrusage, get_current_user, set_time_limit, getmyuid, getmypid, dl, leak, listen, chown, chgrp, realpath, link.
- Inactivity Period
- Free accounts will be set to inactive if they haven't received any traffic at all during the last 12 months. If your account is set to inactive, the system will notify you 3 times over 5 days before the account is blocked. After that you will get 3 additional notifications over 5 days during which time you can contact us in order to reactivate your account or else your account and its data will be permanently deleted.
- If your account has been blocked due to violation of the Terms of Service, abuse, spam or any other malicious activity, then it will be deleted in 15 days without any notice.
- NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the AWARDSPACE.COM Services, YOU will not use the AWARDSPACE.COM Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. YOU must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any AWARDSPACE.COM Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any AWARDSPACE.COM Services, through hacking, password mining or by any other means. You must not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the AWARDSPACE.COM Services.
AWARDSPACE.COM, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disclose at any time any piece of information that AWARDSPACE.COM deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove, in whole or in part, any piece of information or material.
Please, report any violations of these Terms of Services to firstname.lastname@example.org
- THIRD PARTY
Any dealings with third parties (as well as advertisers) facilitated by the AWARDSPACE.COM Services or participating in promotions, delivery and payment of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties and representations associated with such dealings or promotions are solely between you and the advertiser or the other third party. AWARDSPACE.COM cannot be held responsible or liable for any part of such dealings and promotions.
YOU agree that AWARDSPACE.COM, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) as well as the use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, should you violate these terms.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
YOU are solely responsible for the content of your web pages, messages or data you or your sites' users upload on AWARDSPACE.COM servers. Using the AWARDSPACE.COM Services in connection to surveys, contests, pyramid schemes [HYIP], chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise) is prohibited.
In consideration of your use of the Service, YOU agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form.
- Regularly check and promptly inform us to update your Registration Data in order to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If YOU provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or AWARDSPACE.COM has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, AWARDSPACE.COM has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
- YOU will receive a password and an account designation upon completing the Service registration process. YOU are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality
of your account details, and YOU are fully responsible for all activities that are associated with your account. YOU agree to:
- immediately notify AWARDSPACE.COM of any unauthorized use of your password, account and/or any other breach of security;
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session;
- refrain from posting, disclosing, providing, selling or offering to sell your account details provided by AWARDSPACE.COM to any third party;
AWARDSPACE.COM cannot and will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these terms.
- Any Customer in violation of our system or network security and/or enormously overloading/over flooding the servers' resources is subject to criminal and civil
liability, as well as an immediate account termination. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unauthorized access, use, probe, root kit or scan of systems security or authentication measures, data or traffic;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, e-mail bombing, deliberate flooding attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Forging of any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting;
- The Customer agrees not to publish on or over his/her account any information, software or other content which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other third party or which knowingly contravenes the laws of any jurisdiction in which such content is generally accessible.
- AWARDSPACE.COM does NOT allow sites that provide any content, points of distribution, or 'links' to sites that:
- Infringe on any third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Are defamatory, trade libelous, threatening, unlawfully harassing, abusive, pornographic or obscene;
- Contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software/programs that may damage the operation of a third party's computer or property;
- Contain Proxy, Pirated or Hacking / Phreaking Software (Warez). Moreover, any software that is copyrighted and not freely available for distribution without cost, ROMs, ROM Emulators and Mpeg Layer 3 files (MP3) - all fall under this jurisdiction. This includes also Torrent sites or links to Torrent sites;
- Display/distribute Adult content as well as any erotic or pornographic material, links to adult sites, or advertisements for adult sites;
- YOU acknowledge and agree that based on its sole discretion AWARDSPACE.COM might filter abusive words and/or links due to security reasons (i.e. words or links of PayPal, eBay, AOL, Amazon [not limited to]).
- Use of phishing or mimic sites is strictly prohibited on AWARDSPACE.COM. Any customer suspected of such activity will be terminated WITHOUT any refund and legal actions will be started to the final extent of the law.
- YOU completely agree and understand that by signing up with AWARDSPACE.COM you might receive system notification emails and newsletters.
- YOU acknowledge and agree that AWARDSPACE.COM might change this Terms of Services without notice and you are solely responsible to check for such changes, follow up and comply with them.
- SPAMMING IS PROHIBITED
We will determine in our sole discretion whether any of the messages you send are spam. For your information, spamming generally includes, but is not limited to:
- The advertising of your AWARDSPACE.COM hosted site using Unsolicited Email (spam). This is strictly prohibited and your account will be removed immediately if it is involved in any type of spam activity;
- The bulk sending of unsolicited messages, or the sending of unsolicited e-mails which result in complaints from recipients;
- The sending of junk mail;
- The use of distribution lists that include people who have not given explicit permission to be included in such a distribution channels;
- The posting commercial of ads to USENET newsgroups that do not permit them;
- The posting of articles containing binary encoded data to non-binary newsgroups;
- The excessive and repeated posting of off-topic messages to newsgroups;
- Excessive and repeated cross-posting;
- The e-mail harassment of another Internet Customer/s, including but not limited to, transmitting any threatening, libelous or obscene material, or material of any nature which could be deemed offensive;
- The e-mailing of age-inappropriate communications or content to anyone under the age of 18;
- UNSUITABLE BEHAVIOUR
Any indecent, abusive or insulting treatment towards an employee of AWARDSPACE.COM will be considered inappropriate. Each Customer is expected to conduct himself/herself in a well-behaved manner when communicating with AWARDSPACE.COM employees regarding any requests for help through e-mail, phone, etc. Each Customer should avoid applying any form of a written emotional outburst. All attempts of uncontrolled behavior will be interpreted as a breach of this Agreement.
Other acts of treatment towards AWARDSPACE.COM employees that will be considered unacceptable include verbal, oral, written or delivered by a second party threats that are addressed to AWARDSPACE.COM or any of its employees, partners, equipment, and concerns. All forms of such threats will be interpreted as a breach of this Agreement. AWARDSPACE.COM reserves the right to restrict or completely stop access to the client's accounts and even to permanently disable the hosting account without issuing a refund if any of the aforementioned rules are violated and if further communication is not possible due to continued bad mannered client behaviour!
Copyrighted material must not be placed on any Customer's account without the explicit permission of the owner(s) or the person(s) directly authorized by the owner(s). Only the owner(s) or such authorized person(s) must upload copyrighted material to the account. Upon our receipt of a notice of a claimed copyright infringement containing the above information, after confirmation we will promptly remove the allegedly infringing material from the Services and carry out further procedures if necessary. We will have no liability to any Customer of the Services for the removal of any such material.
- AWARDSPACE.COM cannot be held responsible for the content of pages hosted under its service. AWARDSPACE.COM cannot be held liable for any damages or lost profits from copyright infringements or unauthorized content reproduction hosted on the AWARDSPACE.COM platform as a standalone user domain or as a subdomain under the utility domains, including but not limited to the following: onlinewebshop.net, myartsonline.com, mygamesonline.org, mypressonline.com, getenjoyment.net, medianewsonline.com, scienceontheweb.net, mywebcommunity.org, sportsontheweb.net, atwebpages.com. AWARDSPACE.COM does not review pages for content before they are posted and does not verify, endorse, or otherwise take responsibility for the content of any user-created page. However, we reserve the right to remove any page from our servers which we determine is in violation of our rules and guidelines. Users are solely responsible for all files contained in their directory, and can be held legally liable for the contents of their web site.
- The free hosting plan is 100% ads free and we will never force you to place our ads on your sites.
- AWARDSPACE.COM may terminate any account at any time, without a notice for conduct that it violates these guidelines, or for any other reason. User accounts may be terminated and
all client data may be deleted if AWARDSPACE.COM deems it harmful to its business, or any of its users, or partners. Pages found in violation of these items may be a subject to immediate
deletion and removal from our servers, and their web masters may be a subject to banishment from the AWARDSPACE.COM network. The following is a non-exhaustive list of contents and behaviors
that are UNACCEPTABLE on AWARDSPACE.COM.
- Content that includes links to: nudity, pornography, adult content, sex, extreme violence, or foul language.
- Content that condones, promotes, contains, or links to warez, cracks, hacks, their associated utilities, or other piracy-related information, whether for educational purposes or not.
- Content that has been or is being promoted through the sending of unsolicited email (spamming) or mail fraud schemes, or pages that promote or condone the sending of unsolicited email. Users who utilize AWARDSPACE.COM resources, including e-mail addresses, for spam are also s subject to prosecution under the fullest extent of the law.
- Content that commits acts of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other type of intellectual property infringement.
- Content that is racist, or otherwise extremely offensive to others, including content which aggravates, harasses, threatens, defames, or abuses others.
- Storage of log files or non-HTML content, or any use of space that circumvents the display of advertising.
- Having password-only, hidden, or restricted access pages (all Web pages must be accessible to the Internet community at large).
- Sites that exploit images of children under 18 years of age.
- Binary files, downloads, etc. that are not linked to an HTML page on the user's site, such that an advertising banner is displayed. Links back to files on a user's AWARDSPACE.COM page from other sites must also link first to an HTML page on AWARDSPACE.COM, which then links to the binary files.
- Content that contains, links to, or participates in pyramid schemes [HYIP], gambling, raffles, lotteries, and so forth.
- Content that posts or discloses personally identifiable information or private information of individuals under the age of 13 or in connection with materials directed toward individuals under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent.
- Content that provides, sells, or offers to sell the following: controlled substances, illegal drugs and drug contraband, alcohol, weapons, pirated materials, pornography or sexual products, programs to attack others, illegal goods, escort services, instructions on making, assembling, or obtaining illegal goods or weapons, information used to break copyright or trademark violations, to destroy others' property, or to harm any person or animal.
- Content that takes part in, or allows any third party to take part in, the following: reverse engineering, reverse compiling or otherwise deriving the underlying source code or structure or sequence of the Technology; individual passworking of Member sites or pages; altering copyright notices and attributes (unless permitted in writing by the author/owner); and such practices.
- AWARDSPACE.COM provides space for hosting Web pages but makes no implied or express warranties about the reliability of this space or related services. AWARDSPACE.COM is not
responsible for any deletion, alteration, or loss of data due to network or system outages, file corruption, accidental deletion, or any other reason. AWARDSPACE.COM makes no guarantees
about its server reliability, speed, or consistency, and cannot be held liable for the lack of such.
- Users are responsible for regularly monitoring and creating backups of their own files, and agree to use the AWARDSPACE.COM resources and infrastructure at their own risk. This service is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither AWARDSPACE.COM nor its partners makes any warranty with respect to any content, information, services, or products provided through or in conjunction with this free service.
- AWARDSPACE.COM and its partners make no guarantees with regards to the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of any information on these Web pages and are not responsible for any errors or omissions arising from the use of such information; any failures, delays, or interruptions in the delivery of any content or services contained on our servers; or losses or damages arising from the use of the content or services provided by AWARDSPACE.COM.
NO Guarantee of domain registration or successful renewal on free web hosting accounts!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Free web hosting platform is still in Development (Beta mode) and as such there are likely to be some minor defects in the system. Please note that we will do our best to provide you with decent service, however we CANNOT provide any guarantee whatsoever that we will be able to register or renew your domain successfully if you are hosted on the free web hosting platform, even if you have paid for your domain registration or renewal service.
- AWARDSPACE.COM may also link to or include on its web site resources and information provided by 3rd party partners and providers. We do not guarantee the reliability of this information, nor does the inclusion of this information imply our recommendation of these services; it is merely provided to assist you in the creation of your web site and provide added value to our service.
- Because free accounts and their hosted sites are distributed by AWARDSPACE.COM and powered by Attractsoft GmbH, Attractsoft GmbH reserves the right to include traffic generated by all web sites it hosts in its overall accounting of page views, unique users, and other usage measures. This includes providing web traffic measurement companies with all URLs distributed by AWARDSPACE.COM and powered by Attractsoft GmbH for use in their projection of Attractsoft GmbH associated overall traffic.