This article describes the FTP connection settings that are available in the AwardSpace.com Control Panel. It also provides instructions on how to configure an FTP account in FileZilla, CoffeeCup, Cyberduck and Dreamweaver.
Where Do I Find My FTP Connection Settings (Login Details)?
An FTP account consists of the following details:
- Hostname – Your FTP hostname will be example.com (your actual domain/sub-domain name).
- Username – The username for your FTP account will be the same as your hosting account ID number/username.
- Password – Your FTP password will be the one chosen during the initial account setup.
- Port number – Your FTP port number will be 21.
Your FTP login details are available in the FTP Manager area under Website Manager. To view your settings:
- Log into the Hosting Control Panel of your AwardSpace account.
- Go to the FTP Manager page.
- Click on the FTP account (username) you would like to use.
- Finally, open the Information tab.
How to Connect via FTP?
The most convenient way to connect to your AwardSpace FTP server is with an FTP client program. With an FTP software, you can easily transfer your website files from your computer to your hosting space (or vice-versa).
What FTP Software Do You Recommend?
Below we’ve provided a list of some of the most frequently used FTP programs:
How to Configure My FTP Account in FileZilla?
Setting up an FTP account in FileZilla FTP Client can be done in two ways:
- By downloading and importing the FileZilla FTP Configuration file.
- By manually entering your FTP connection settings.
The steps you need to perform to manually configure FileZilla are the following:
- Launch your software.
- In the Host field, enter your FTP hostname (server address). Type in your username and password, and specify the port number (the standard port for FTP connections is 21).
- Click Quickconnect.
- A new windown will appear asking: Trust this certificate and carry on connecting?
- Mark the Always trust certificate in future sessions checkbox and press OK.