Hosting Knowledge Base
Can People See my Personal Information When Registering a Domain Name?
When you register a domain name, your contact details are recorded in the so-called WHOIS database – that maintains the contact info for all active domains. The WHOIS information for domains is publicly available as per ICANN regulations.
Am I Able to Hide my Contact Details?
You can hide your personal contact information to reduce the chances of identity theft and data mining by purchasing a Domain Privacy Protection service for your domain. The Privacy Protection service is only available for domains that are registered with/transferred to us.
How Would I Go About Purchasing Whois Protection?
You can follow these steps to order Whois Protection for your domain:
- Log into your AwardSpace account through our portal.
- Navigate to the Domain Manager section.
- Click on the domain name that you wish to protect.
- Open the Secury tab.
- On the next page you will be presented with various options. Click on the Buy Whois Protection button to continue.
- From the Period drop-down list, select the number of years for which you wish to purchase Privacy Protection.
- Press Continue.
- Proceed to the checkout page.
Note: Whois Protection can be purchased for up to 10 years. The cost is $10 per year per domain name.
Is Whois Protection Applicable to All Domain Names?
Whois Protection is applicable to the following domain extensions – .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .tv, .me, .cc and .cm.
It cannot be used with .us, .uk, .org.uk, .co.uk, .eu, .de, .be, .ca, .asia, .jp, or .in domain names.