In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of setting up a CloudFlare account and add a domain name to it.
The configuration process is very straightforward and easy to follow. In order to set up a domain to work with CloudFlare, please follow these simple steps:
Step #1: Set Up a CloudFlare Account
- Launch your favorite web browser and visit CloudFlare’s Sign Up page.
- Fill in the Email and Password fields and press Create Account.
Note: If you would like to receive e-mail notifications and updates from Cloudflare, tick the check box that says I would like to receive occasional email updates and special offers for Cloudflare products, services, and events.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a verification letter through which you can verify your e-mail address and activate your CloudFlare account.
Step #2: Add a Domain to Your CloudFlare Account
Once your CloudFlare account has been activated, you will be prompted to add a domain to your Control Panel.
- Once in the dashboard, you will notice a message saying You currently don’t have any websites. Click the + Add a Site button to proceed.
- A new window will appear asking you to enter the URL (web address) of your existing site. Type your domain name and press Add Site.
- CloudFlare will look up your existing DNS records. While waiting for their system to query your DNS server, click Next to select a suitable plan for your website.