How to Transfer a Domain8 min read
In this video hosting tutorial you will learn how to transfer a domain from another registrar to us from your hosting control panel. Return to Video Tutorials Page.
1. First, you have to select the Domain Manager section from the control panel.
2. Click on the Transfer a Domain tab.
3. Fill in the domain name (for this tutorial we will transfer mynewdomain.net).
4. From the dropdown list, select the desired TLD (.com, .net, .org, etc.)
5. Click on the “Transfer Domain” button.
6. Scroll down and you will see the Domain Transfer section.
7. Make sure that your desired domain is available for transfer and marked with a checkbox. After that scroll down and click Continue to proceed
8. If you wish you can purchase domain privacy protection. That way your contact information (name, email, address) will not appear in the WHOIS database and you will reduce the chances of getting spammed.
9. Click Continue to proceed.
10. The contact details are copied from your Account Information section, but double-check the details filled are correct and up to date.
11. In order to purchase a domain you must agree to our Domain Name Registration Policy.
12. If you would like to issue an invoice to a company, click on the checkbox and fill in the required information.
13. Click on the “Continue” button to proceed with the registration.
14. Select your preferred payment method and finalize the payment.